HEXTECH is a modular hex based terrain system for your sci-fi games, most notably Battletech. This terrain line has been designed from the ground up to be fully functional as a gaming surface while looking fantastic. Standard hex size is 33mm (1.25" in Imperial) which allows the terrain pieces to sit on top of a standard Battletech paper map perfectly. Alternately use the various expansion packs to build an entire hex board for your armies to battle on.
The HEXTECH system is a 3D printed product that allows us to mass produce the product on our fleet of 40+ printers, maintaining the highest quality at the lowest cost possible. For customers who own their own 3D printers, you will be happy to hear we offer the entire terrain system in STL format that can be purchased HERE
HEXTECH Features & Benefits
- Fully modular terrain system designed from the ground up for hexed gameplay.
- Wide variety of expansion packs allows for endless configurations
- Cleverly engineered to have perfectly flat top surfaces, allowing for miniatures to occupy all open hexes without the need to balance miniatures dangerously.
- All terrain features are designed to be compatible with the elevation levels in relation to the rules of the Battletech tabletop game. No more guessing or arguing over elevations or LoS.
- Elevations and buildings roofs have small markings on the top surfaces that allow for vertical movement without losing track of your position on the hex board. No more confusion on which hex you are standing on when jumping on top of a building.
- Durable, easy to paint and finish. FDM 3D printed products have far greater durability then foam crafted objects or laser cut MDF. Some of our buildings are strong enough a grown man could stand on the roofs without them breaking. These products have the potential to last a lifetime and are very easy to paint and enjoy.
STL Digital Features For Home Printing
These features apply specifically to the digital download of the HEXTECH STL files which you can purchase and print on your own 3D printers.
- FREE Sample bundle with over 8 files for you to test and enjoy before purchasing anything. Click HERE to view!
- Designed to be fast printing most of the files will come out perfectly at a .2mm layer height.
- 95% of the entire HEXTECH product catalog is capable of printing WITHOUT supports of any kind. The more complex products are engineered in a manner that allows multiple pieces to be printed without supports and combined to make a finished piece that would of been a nightmare to support
- Ultimate flexibility in your board design, print as little or as lot as you would like to complete the table of your dreams
- Bundle upgrade options. Purchase a base pack to get started and if you like the product, upgrade to a larger bundle and only pay the difference in price.
- Our 3D printing policy allows for you print the files for yourself, your close local friends and your local gaming club.
Below are some examples of the versatile of the terrain system in addition to some close up pictures of some of the above features. Take extra notice of all the various places and situations you can place your units on, and have them perfectly balanced and able to occupy all legal hexes with ease.
*** Miniatures shown in the pictures are for scale example only. ***