HEXTECH - Borealis Dropship
Model Name: Borealis Dropship
Model Designer: Thunderhead Studios
Model Line: Sci-Fi 6mm
Production: Steel Warrior Studios 3D Printing Service
Kit Material: PLA FDM Plastic & Resin Printed Parts
Configuration Options: N/A
Scale: 6mm (1/285)
Measurements: 191mm x 330mm x 67.5mm
Please note that unlike most of our other terrain offerings these have a processing time of up to 10 days under normal conditions. This is due to the long print times and complexity of the kit and the fact I personally assemble a large portion of it prior to shipping to make it a user friendly experience. Feel free to contact us and inquire about order processing times on this product in advance of purchasing if you are trying to receive the product in a specific window of time.
The Borealis is a multi-purpose freighter class vessel that has multiple pod options that are adaptable to almost any situation. Loved by commanders everywhere for its versatility, the most common configuration is equipped with Mech Bay pods to help shuttle the large war machines down to wherever they are needed on the battlefield. The Borealis Carrier refit replaces the Mech Bay pods with Aerospace hangars, each capable of housing a single fighter each, allowing for interceptor or close air support options. Last but certainly not least, every war is powered by the logistical services of space faring supply ships and the Borealis can satisfy this role just fine with its interchangeable cargo pods and liquid tanks.
- Entire ship is Hex gameplay compatible. On the surface of the ship, there are cleverly designed markings that help maintain the hex footprint to allow for flawless gameplay. No longer is your impressive dropship centerpiece merely eye candy, now its truly part of the battlefield.
- Working mech bay doors that open to reveal a fully detailed interior mech bay pod. You can start your game inside the dropship and walk your mech out of it within the context of the rules (The bay and ramp are both valid hexes for movement).
- All 3 "Pod" options are completely modular and can be swapped between the options freely. Giving you the option to change the ships configuration before every battle. Note that each Pod options is modeled the give you a different ship profile, for example the Aerospace Pods will give you a position of partial cover if your standing on it.
- Armaments & Defenses: The Borealis features a respectable arrangement of defensive firepower. In the nose you have several weapon ports for energy or ballistic weaponry. In addition each kit will ship with 4 resin printed weapon turrets for the front and rear mounted mounts. Each kit will also ship with a pair of missile ports for the front nose of the ship, as well as 2 plug pieces that can be installed instead if you prefer to not have the missile options.
- Engineered for strength. Every part of this product has been designed for maximum stability and durability. Once assembled you can feel confident this dropship can last a life time of gameplay and use. All Steel Warrior Studio kits will ship with extra pins, to allow for mistakes to be made during assembly without fear of not being able to finish the build.
- Cleverly designed for mass production by Steel Warrior Studios, this print requires no supports and thus you can expect nothing but the best surface finish from the entire ship. A coat of primer is all you need to prepare this dropship for painting. No sanding or putty needed!
- Great supporting documents. We will be uploading video and text guides for assembly of this product. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate this product a 6 is difficulty. Product will ship in bags with each core assembly separated which will allow for easy construction.
Every Kit ships with 1 Fore and Aft assembly to construct the frame of the ship. The center Pods are determined by the variant selected.
Mech Bay Pods: This variant includes 4 mech bay pods for transporting the large war machines from location to location. Features a fully detailed interior, working bay doors, and a large clamp to represent the mechanism that would hold the unit in place during orbit entry. Mechs can enter and exit the dropship bays while maintaining game rules for standard movement.
Aerospace Hangars: This variant includes 4 aerospace hangars with observation decks positioned above the airlock doors. This variant does not features modeled interiors, it would however grant a position of partial cover for any unit standing on top of the module.
Cargo Pods: This variant includes 2 cargo container units, and 2 liquid based tankers giving you a wide range of material options to transport with your Borealis. **NOTE: Cargo pods are still a WIP, expected to be finished before Oct 12th
Deluxe Edition: This variant includes all 3 Pod options. You will receive the 12 modular pods described above for maximum flexibility in your ship builds from game to game.
If you own your own 3D printers all of our files are available for purchase HERE